Project Agora - Software Architect
Thinkdigital groupΠλήρης απασχόληση Γεμάτη μέρα
Project Agora, a TDG (ThinkDigital Group) company, is a Media Technology SaaS on a mission to keep the Open Web Open. In our day-to-day, we work with over 2000 top digital Publishers and E-tailers in EMEA and LATAM, supporting them to maximize the value of each visitor, managing 11.5 billion impressions per month.
Project Agora has enjoyed a steady growth of more than 50% a year since its founding in 2014. Our teams are an extraordinary group of talented, active, and innovative people who care about more than just building cutting edge technologies. We challenge ourselves to work with the best. We are Fat Cow Killers improving process efficiency, Rainmakers bringing stunning results, I+Valuers supporting colleagues, customers and partners, Always Curious exploring ways to innovate and we have Positive Bigfoots carrying self-sustainable digital minded happiness to other people.
To deliver on our noble mission, we are looking for a talented Software Architect. You will join an established and fast-paced environment by participating in all stages of the software development life cycle: from design and development to continuous integration, deployment, and maintenance. Within our growing organization, you will have the opportunity to work together with 80+ engineers and become part of one of the leading Ad-Tech companies in EMEA. As Software Architect, you will grow and maintain team’s technical excellence by harnessing practices that drive high-performance standards.
Being part of a fast-growing scale-up organization, the role requires a methodical, results-oriented, agile and passionate Engineer professional to contribute to the technical culture of the company.
The successful candidate has the flexibility to be based in Athens or at the TDG’s Tech Hub in Patras or to work remotely.
Work as part of our Ad Tech team responsible for:
- Software executing on 4,500+ publisher sites.
- Servers operating at 300,000+ requests per minute.
- Services hosting 12,000,000,000+ Ads per month.
Work closely with the product team
- to gather and analyze requirements.
- to define the non-functional specs of the project and design the SRE related features of the product.
- to start building the backlog of a new project or feature.
Work closely with engineering
- to provide high-level estimations for the proposed roadmap items.
- to create high-level software designs based on the requirements gathered by the product team.
- implement POC’s and prototypes to support high-level software designs.
We’re looking for someone who
Has 8+ years of proven experience in the field of architecture, developments, and deployment of high-volume applications.
- Has strong knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns.
- Is familiar with practices and procedures related to microservices architecture.
- Knows software engineering best practices such as software development life cycles, coding standards, code reviews, distributed revision control systems, continuous test/build/deploy, and production support.
- Has a good understanding of agile software development principles and processes.
- Understanding of various coding methods and software languages.
- Is experienced with data modeling and database design.
- Has knowledge of UML and other modeling methods.
- Understands the software quality assurance principles.
- Holds Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Greek.
- Enjoys being part of a team that works and grows together with a learning mindset.
Nice to Have
Experience with Strategic and tactical Domain-Driven Design.
- Design experience on one of the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Azure Cloud platforms.
- Experience in the AdTech field.
Benefits and Perks
Project Agora company is part of TDG, recognized as a Great Place to Work® for 2021. We are on a mission to boldly lead our people to where no one has gone before. Our people enjoy benefits that make them able to develop their careers and professional skills. We challenge ourselves to work with the best and most talented professionals and we want to offer a great place to work and thrive. We are offering:
A competitive salary based on experience and skills.
- A budgeted training and professional development plan.
- A modern workplace environment, and the excitement of working closely with a successful, highly motivated, dynamic, and talented team.
- Heart Long Weekends! A paid-time-off throughout the year to enjoy life outside of work.
- Health insurance scheme.
- Access to TDG’s Library for professional development.
- Fresh fruits and the best selection of tea every day.
- Reports to: Lead Software Architect, Project Agora
- Location: Patras, Athens, Remote
Project Agora offers a hybrid working model. Team members all over the EMEA region currently can meet in person. Project Agora continues to grow our team by conducting a remote-first onboarding process.