Project Agora - Software Engineering Manager
Thinkdigital groupΠλήρης απασχόληση Γεμάτη μέρα
Project Agora, a TDG (ThinkDigital Group) company, is a Media Technology SaaS on a mission to keep the Open Web Open. In our day-to-day, we work with over 2000 top digital Publishers and E-tailers in EMEA and LATAM, supporting them to maximize the value of each visitor, managing 11.5 billion impressions per month.
Project Agora has enjoyed a steady growth of more than 50% a year since its founding in 2014. Our teams are an extraordinary group of talented, active, and innovative people who care about more than just building cutting edge technologies. We challenge ourselves to work with the best. We are Fat Cow Killers improving process efficiency, Rainmakers bringing stunning results, I+Valuers supporting colleagues, customers and partners, Always Curious to explore ways to innovate and we have Positive Bigfoots carrying self-sustainable digital minded happiness to other people.
To deliver on our noble mission, we are looking for a talented Software Engineering Manager. You’ll join an established and fast-paced environment by participating in all stages of the software development life cycle: from design and development to continuous integration, deployment, and maintenance. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work together with 90+ engineers and become part of one of the leading Ad-Tech companies in EMEA. As Software Engineering Manager, you will grow and maintain the team’s technical excellence by harnessing practices that drive high-performance standards.
Being part of a fast-growing scale-up organization, the role requires a methodical, results-oriented, agile and passionate Engineer professional to contribute to the technical culture of the company.
The successful candidate has the flexibility to be based in Athens or at the TDG’s Tech Hub in Patras.
Work as part of our Ad Tech team responsible for:
- Software executing on 4,500+ publisher sites
- Servers operating at 300,000+ requests per minute
- Services hosting 12,000,000,000+ Ads per month
- Provide hands-on leadership to the software engineering team and drive successful delivery of projects.
- Mentor, provide technical guidance, and help grow the software engineering team.
- Work closely with engineering, product and support team to gather and translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Ship well-designed, testable and maintainable code.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Outside the box thinking is required to bring cutting edge technology in-house.
We’re looking for someone who
Has 3+ years of managing software development teams.
- Has 8+ years of software development and deep knowledge of web protocols, web services and Restful API’s.
- Has hands-on experience with one or more back-end languages like Python, NodeJS, Golang and frameworks like Flask, Express.
- Is experienced with database design with SQL or NoSQL databases like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch.
- Knows software engineering best practices such as software development life cycles, coding standards, code reviews, distributed revision control systems, continuous test/build/deploy, and production support.
- Is experienced with agile software development principles and processes.
- Owns Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
Nice to Have
Experience in Cloud Environments like GCP (Google Cloud Platform) or AWS.
- Good understanding of microservices architectural pattern.
- Good understanding of code layering architectural patterns like hexagonal, clean architecture, ports/adapters architecture.
- Experience in asynchronous communication by using messaging systems (GCP Pub Sub, AWS Kinesis, Kafka).
Excellent communication skills in both Greek and English.
- Methodical and results-oriented.
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution ability.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Methodical and results-oriented.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction.
Benefits and Perks
Project Agora company is part of TDG, recognized as a Great Place to Work® for 2021. We are on a mission to boldly lead our people to where no one has gone before. Our people enjoy benefits that make them able to develop their careers and professional skills. We challenge ourselves to work with the best and most talented professionals and we want to offer a great place to work and thrive. We are offering:
- A competitive salary based on experience and skills.
- A budgeted training and professional development plan.
- A modern workplace environment, and the excitement of working closely with a successful, highly motivated, dynamic, and talented team.
- Heart Long Weekends! A paid-time-off throughout the year to enjoy life outside of work.
- Health insurance scheme.
- Access to TDG’s Library for professional development.
- Fresh fruits and the best selection of tea every day.
- Reports to: Project Agora VP of Engineering
- Location: Athens or Patras, Greece
Project Agora offers a hybrid working model. Team members all over the EMEA region currently can meet in person. Project Agora continues to grow our team by conducting a remote-first onboarding process.