Pfizer's belief is that all people deserve to live healthy lives. This drives our desire to provide access to medicines that are safe, effective, and affordable. We advance breakthroughs that change patients' lives and increasingly there is a digital component to the interactions we have with patients and their health care professionals.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability.
The Enterprise Platforms & Security (EP&S) team delivers the following capabilities for Pfizer. Business application platforms supporting Pfizer's enterprise application and critical business processes. Infrastructure allowing business traffic to travel where it needs to go, internally and externally, along with the appropriate access controls. EP&S secures Pfizer's most important information assets through world class controls and protections and enables Pfizer's business results by making security an enabler and not a roadblock to achieving business results.
The EP&S Core Automation function is responsible for automation strategy development, use case identification and coordination, best practice guidelines, and results management support to develop automation at scale across EP&S.
As a leader in the Automation Engineering Team, you will have the opportunity to build a variety of next generation automation solutions. You will collaborate with EP&S service teams optimizing and automating processes as well as translating business requirements into technical solutions using state-of-the-art technology.
You have the technical expertise to be hands-on while providing technical leadership and managing the work activities of a team of talented engineers. You will contribute to product strategy and help the team deliver reliable, secure, and user-friendly products to customers.
As a regional point of escalation, this role will be responsible for the timely reporting of project metrics, resource availability and risk/issue resolution.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Focus on overall product quality and user experience.
- Take initiative and be responsible for technical solutions to data quality and workflow challenges.
- Collaborate with customers and EPS service teams to solve problems and build solutions.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle, including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable services and infrastructure.
- Work in a dynamic environment supporting and extending a suite of cutting-edge APIs.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Extensive experience developing REST APIs.
- Experience with source control platforms such as GitHub.
- Experience in any of the following: Unix/Linux environments, cloud platforms, distributed/parallel systems, machine learning, networking, systems/security software development.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively document software designs and communicate implementation details.
- A master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Cloud-specific experience with AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
- Familiarity and/or previous experience with Agile (e.g., Scrum) is desired.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Helm.
- Experience with Quarkus and AWS Lambda.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
To apply please visit our website www.pfizercareers.com and search job id for 4894820.