Public GroupΠλήρης απασχόληση Γεμάτη μέρα
We are driven by our purpose: We bring people more choices to enjoy life their way, by creating a world of personalized experiences, innovative services, and huge range of products; a world that cares about each of us and our common future. We do our best to keep everyone excited and have the support they need to bring their best.
Public Group strategically invests to create an ecosystem of innovative scaleups around its core Omnichannel Retail business, with the objective to provide exciting customer experiences powered by operational excellence. We bring together technology, talent & entrepreneurship to create value in the Greek market & society.
Our Omnichannel retail, in Greece and Cyprus, is the love brand Public, a Leading Omnichannel Home Living, Tech & Entertainment Retailer with long lasting heritage. Innovation is part of our DNA. Through our ecosystem of startups and organizations, - iRepair, Klarna, Douleutaras.gr, SVUUM, Bookvoice, BOX NOW, Instacar, our tech PublicNEXT, Endeavour, Big PI, Metavallon, & Venture Friends - we offer pioneer services to our consumers. We operate 61 stores, 3 eShops and an ecosystem of digital properties such as: public ticketing, public business and bookfriends.gr.
As an IFRS Accountant Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to assist in the preparation and analysis of financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Working in close collaboration with senior accountants and finance professionals, you will ensure the accuracy and compliance of financial reporting. This role demands a strong understanding of accounting principles, acute attention to detail, and proficiency in operating within a dynamic work environment.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with IFRS standards on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Provides support during the month-end and year-end close processes, including the preparation of journal entries and reconciliations
- Conducts research on accounting issues and provides recommendations based on IFRS guidelines
- Assists in the seamless implementation of new accounting standards and updates to existing standards
- Prepares comprehensive schedules and documentation for both internal and external audits
- Extends support to ad-hoc financial projects and initiatives as deemed necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- 2-3 years of experience in accounting or finance roles, preferably in Audit Firms
- Professional certification such as ACCA, CPA, or currently working towards one
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel (XLS)
- Familiarity with SAP or similar system software (ERP)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both written and oral
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Dynamic work environment
- Exciting opportunity to grow with the role
- Great experience in a well-known & respected growing business
- LinkedIn Learning account for continuous learning
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. If you are a driven and goal-oriented accounting professional seeking to advance your career, we highly encourage you to apply for the IFRS Accountant Specialist role at Public Group.