Machine Learning Engineer (Educational Applications)
PEOPLECERTΠλήρης απασχόληση Γεμάτη μέρα
Are you interested in working with a leading education technology player, the global leader in the assessment and certification of the professional skills industry with a presence in more than 200 countries worldwide? If so, this is your chance to apply now!
PeopleCert is seeking for an exceptional and talented individual to join our team as Machine Learning Engineer for (Educational Applications) to join our team in Athens, Greece.
As Machine Learning Engineer - Educational Applications your tasks will include the following:
- Research and develop NLP/ML solutions for educational applications using cloud services.
- Work closely with our product and tech team to ensure the tech transfer, operationalisation and deployment of NLP/ML solutions into our products.
- Enable the successful delivery of NLP/ML research.
- Build algorithms and design experiments for optimising and fine-tuning NLP/ML models.
- Develop, prototype, and train NLP/ML solutions to be integrated into our products.
- Work on data processing and formatting methods suitable for NLP/ML model development.
- Ensure solutions adhere to ethical guidelines and maintain user privacy.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in the field of NLP/ML and educational applications and ensure the development of state-of-the-art solutions.
- Communicate and present work and outcomes to technical and non-technical audiences.
What we look for:
- Bachelor's and MSc degree in Computer Science / NLP / ML, or related subject area, PhD degree would be considered an asset
- Hands-on experience in developing deep learning methods and solutions – including large language models such as BERT and ChatGPT – and working with libraries such as HuggingFace and OpenAI
- Substantial experience in NLP/ML with strong technical skills and ability to give direction to our tech team
- Programming skills in Python (pandas, SciPy, scikit-learn, NumPy, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Technical skills to conduct research and work in NLP/ML and the development of state-of-the-art solutions
- Excellent command of the English language (C2 level certification desired, LanguageCert C2 LTE or C2 IESOL certificate would be a plus) and excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Advanced computer literacy is required. ECDL Advance level certification would be considered a plus.
- Experience in tech transfer and model operationalisation
- Knowledge in gathering, analysing, and validating technical requirements
- Research record in NLP/ML as evidenced by publications in top-tier venues in the field
- Building and managing databases for NLP/ML model development and solutions
- Experience in conducting end-to-end testing to ensure solutions are production-ready
- Extensive experience in product development
What we offer:
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun atmosphere
- Two free vouchers for all certifications from PeopleCert's Portfolio per year for all employees
- Complimentary coffee and tea in all our premises
- Huge learning experience in using best practices and global environment
- Constant personal and professional development
- 100% Virtual Hiring Process
If you want to become a member of our international, dynamic and agile team that creates world leading software products, then we should certainly like to hear from you!
PeopleCert is a global leader in assessment and certification of professional skills, partnering with multi-national organizations and government bodies for the development & delivery of standardized exams. Delivering exams across 200 countries and in 25 languages over its state-of-the-art assessment technology, PeopleCert enables professionals to boost their careers and realize their life ambitions.
Quality, Innovation, Passion, Integrity are the core values which guide everything we do.
Our offices in UK, Greece, and Cyprus boast a culture of diversity, where everyone is different, yet everyone fits in. All of us at PeopleCert are committed to the reflection of the diversity and inclusion of our customers and the communities in which we do business.
Working on Home Office (HO) Secure English Language Tests (SELTs)
Any person who is engaged by PeopleCert to work on the SELT service must undergo a Background Check (the results of which must be acceptable to PeopleCert and the HO) prior to commencing their SELT duties. All SELT personnel will be required to complete a declaration (provided by PeopleCert) where the existence of any criminal record and/or bankruptcy must be declared.
If working on the SELT service in the UK, background checks will include:
- A basic or enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check
- Right to Work in the UK check (including nationality, identity and place of residence)
- HO security check (Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) or Counter Terrorist Check (CTC)
- Financial background check
- Employment reference check
- If working on the SELT service anywhere in the world (outside of the UK) personnel will undergo background checks that are equivalent to those stated for the UK
In addition, if personnel are required to speak to SELT candidates they must be appropriately skilled in English language and, where SELT services are provided anywhere in the world (outside of the UK), the official language of the relevant country.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.