Site Reliability Engineer - Core SRE (CSRE 0923)
Skroutz S.AΠλήρης απασχόληση Γεμάτη μέρα
At Skroutz, we have one simple yet powerful mission/vision: we aim to amaze. And this vision has been hardcoded into our DNA since day one. Back when we started our journey in 2005 as a price comparison engine, we created an innovative shopping tool for our users and shaped the future of e-commerce in Greece.
Today as the biggest marketplace in Greece, we continue to believe that happy customers equal happy merchants and it’s our job to understand and anticipate their needs and offer them an unparalleled, doubt-free experience. And to do so, we are always searching for new ways to make them say “wow”: Skroutz Plus (our first subscription-based service), Skroutz Last Mile (our parcel distribution company) and Skroutz Point (the first network of smart lockers in Greece) to name a few!
To create amazing experiences, we need amazing people! People that share the same passion and enthusiasm for eCommerce and technology as we do.
Sounds like you?
Our engineering values
- Know your Tech. Develop and master your craft, sharpen your tools. Be proud of your work.
- Release early & Iterate. Deliver prototypes and start gathering important feedback early on. Use that feedback to guide you. Don't be afraid to compromise, make sure to come back & tidy things up.
- Be a team player. Offer your help, listen and seek to understand. Step up & take initiatives.
- Don't over anything. Don't over-engineer, over-analyze, over-regulate, you get it.
- Enjoy your work. Celebrate success.
Technologies we use
Skroutz is powered by a complex Ruby on Rails application interacting with multiple auxiliary services. Much like our product, our stack is under constant development and currently undergoing a full modernization and migration to the cloud.
Core products and technologies we use include:
- Many FLOSS components for our on-premises infrastructure (Debian, HAProxy, Varnish, Nginx, Ganeti/KVM, Docker/Podman)
- A wide variety of AWS services (ECS, EKS, EC2, RDS, Lambda) managed through Terraform
- Cloudflare as the CDN and WAF of choice, managed through Terraform
- Various database technologies including Elasticsearch, MongoDB and Redis
- Github is our main development platform and we use Github Actions for all things DevOps
- Prometheus, ELK and Datadog for observability
- We also run some custom code and services written mainly in Ruby, Python and Go
How will you contribute to Skroutz vision
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Core SRE Team, the team responsible for managing the core infrastructure powering Skroutz.
What you will be doing
- Manage and extend the core infrastructure powering Skroutz, including the AWS landing zone and database instances
- Monitor and optimize edge performance using Cloudflare
- Improve infrastructure observability, bridging the gap between the on-premises and cloud infrastructure
- Design and perform migrations of core services like DNS and e-mail from our on-premises infrastructure to the cloud
- Develop reusable Infrastructure-as-Code Terraform modules
- Analyze and troubleshoot application and infrastructure performance, figure out bottlenecks and propose solutions
- At least 3 years of professional working experience as an SRE, DevOps engineer and/or any other similar position
- Good working knowledge of at least one programming language (Python and/or Go will be considered a plus)
- Familiarity with core Linux concepts and managing Linux systems
- Familiarity with core networking concepts and networked service troubleshooting
- Working experience on cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP or Azure - AWS is a plus) using infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
We will appreciate if you have
- Relevant cloud certifications
- Contributions to open-source projects; sharing contributions or personal projects will help us in the evaluation process
*Please note that this opening concerns a hybrid job located in Athens, Attica, Greece.
What’s it like to work at Skroutz?
- A great opportunity to contribute to the evolution of Skroutz towards becoming one of Europe’s fastest growing Marketplaces
- Being part of an environment that gives employees large goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company
- Competitive full time salary
- Ongoing training and development
- Private Medical plan
- Top of the Line tools and equipment
- Access to books, online courses and relevant resources
- Hybrid Working
- Extra paid time off
- Free Skroutz Plus subscription
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Skroutz is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religion.